exumer possessed by fire

In many respects, like Possessed By Fire, Fallen Saint, and so on, it's pretty much just typical which really made me feel that I didn't get what I expect. For example, the first track, which is the album title too, has some great speedy riffs on it, but the solo is much like the one in "Seek and Destroy". "Possessed by Fire" became nothing less than a German thrash metal milestone, totally free from foreign stylistic influences and very competently implemented. The album highlights "Destructive Solution", “Fallen Saint”, “Journey to Oblivion”, “Xiron Darkstar” and the album opening, feature powerful riffs and are now classics. Possessed by fire CD 16,99 € Prix TVA incluse, Frais d'envoi et d'emballage non inclus. Its simple yet highly memorable riff at the beginning and its thrilling high speed sections will surely make you curious for more. Exumer is basically a German take on Slayer and Exodus, mixing their natural, crunchy Teutonic vibes with the guitar-happy NWOBHMish aggression of some of the Bay Area boys. Meanwhile, incinerator “Destructive Solutions”, while careening full-throttle through a violent ocean of frantic rhythmic fury, unexpectedly pops outta of gear, causing it to drift like a lost surfboard around an isolated, acoustically-combed island that's rippled with calming blue(s) sand. To be quite honest, it was a pretty good experience, but of course, I've heard far better from other German releases of 1986. is manic Exodus worship with one of the best solos on the album, short as it may be. 12,99 EUR. I like to think of it as more really fast thrash. Another example of Bay Area influence is on the "Fallen Saint" track, riffs similar to Slayer, Exodus and Metallica are present, the track still manage to be among the best of this record though. Watch the video for Possessed by Fire from Exumer's Possessed By Fire for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Possessed By Fire has to be one of the finest debut Thrash albums I've ever heard and one of my favourite albums in general. The edgy riffs, the tempo changes and in particular the clear and razor-sharp sound revealed the spiritual relationship with Gary Holt´s high-precision machine. @antaresmusic: Cheers!! The structures are quite dynamic and always catchy. There is not one throw away track and it would keep even the most inattentive person interested. Their style isn't as dark as the first releases from the german thrash big three of thrash nor as comical as Tankard’s work, it's right on the middle, both lyrically and composition-wise. Possessed By Fire: Exumer: Amazon.nl Selecteer uw cookievoorkeuren We gebruiken cookies en vergelijkbare tools om uw winkelervaring te verbeteren, onze services aan te bieden, te begrijpen hoe klanten onze services gebruiken zodat we verbeteringen … Obwohl Exumer auf eine nur (im Vergleich zu anderen Bands) sehr kurze Existenz zurück blicken können haben sie 1986 mit ihrem Debütalbum "Possessed by Fire" einen wahren Meilenstein im Thrash Metal abgeliefert. Furthermore, the contract with this company also meant that the album was recorded and produced at the Musiclab in Berlin by the fairly famous Harris Johns and Thomas Ziegler, the obligatory partners of Disaster. Lyrics to 'Possessed By Fire' by Exumer. Particular tracks like the Destruction gone sci-fi of "Xiron Darkstar" or mid-paced Metallica rampage "Reign of Sadness" do have their moments, while "Possessed by Fire" and "Destruction Solution" do a bangup job of knocking you over immediately to built excitement, but there are others which do not fare so well. The signing of Exumer confirmed the good taste of the company, because Exumer followed a similar musical direction as the likewise competent Angel Dust, whose debut had been also released by Disaster. My favorite bands are Believer, Wrath, Macabre, Possessed, and Testament, so a lot can see the sound that I prefer. Clearly Exumer was possessed by more than just this one element, but also the ability to pace themselves in songwriting and conceive a well balanced album, with a pretty polished sound when compared to peers of their day. Exumer did not have the intention to impress the listener with a very rumbling, stomping or pounding sound. … Don't get me wrong, there is some really great technical stuff, but a lot of it is because of the progression and the clean/chorus guitar riffs. EXUMER POSSESSED BY FIRE. Possessed by Fire est un de ces albums un peu oubliés qui mériteraient une plus grande reconnaissance dans le milieu du Thrash, car même s'il n'était pas aussi novateur que certains de ses contemporains, bordel de gnou qu'est-ce que ça arrache la tapisserie!. There were a number of bands back in the day who were buried under the more immense popularity of Destruction, Sodom and Kreator. But still, it's an alright tune. In some ways, Mem Von Stein some what reminds me of Corporate Death from Macabre when he deliver's the high pitched scream. “Sorrows Of The Judgement” is the classic in-your-face tune that takes no prisoner. Hello Select your address CDs & Vinyl Hello, Sign in. Obwohl Exumer auf eine nur (im Vergleich zu anderen Bands) sehr kurze Existenz zurück blicken können haben sie 1986 mit ihrem Debütalbum "Possessed by Fire" einen wahren Meilenstein im Thrash Metal abgeliefert. If you like classic Thrash, this is an album you must check out. 7) Reign of sadness (03:43) Exumer. Eschewing the darker, more extreme style most Teutonic thrashers usually opt for, Exumer are Germany’s answer to Californian music (kind of like how Xentrix are for Britain). 2012-10-28T20:30:20Z Comment by Exumer. Exumer - Possessed by Fire Lyrics. Possessed by Fire. Once again the biggest influences can come from the Bay Area but also from the barbarism of a band like Kreator at the time. Overall, "Possessed By Fire" isn't the greatest German thrash album, but it certainly is really good. Exumer: Possessed By Fire. Being their first album released in 1986, I was of course expecting some brutal shit from these guys, it's not exactly what I got from this record, but it was still enough violence for me to thrash on it. : HRR296CDSC. Highlights I would say are Destruction Solution, Fallen Saint, and Journey To Oblivion. Hammer Witch - 1987 - Return To Salem USA Thrash Metal s.a. METALLICA SLAYER MEGADETH ANTHRAX EXODUS TESTAMENT DEATH ANGEL FLOTSAM & JETSAM KREATOR EXUMER.zip . Stand-out tracks are, Possessed By Fire with it's fast and catchy riffs, Reign Of Sadness with it's catchy and sing along type chorus which reminds me of early Anthrax and Xiron Darkstar and A Mortal In Black with their simple, yet catchy riffs that make you want to headbang like crazy, though you'll be headbanging to every song on this album. 19% TVA, plus l'envoi. Fuck no, it isn't. The vocals of Mem von Stein were simply fantastic, too. 3) Fallen saint (04:03) Exumer. Genres: Thrash Metal. Ga naar zoeken Ga naar hoofdinhoud. Now, I of all people am certainly not opposed to such a union, but when I hear claims that this is one of the greatest thrash albums ever written by the pen of man? 83 in my opinion is fair enough. OBEY! BOTTOMLINE: I know a lot of the songs ranged a seven, and this album isn't exactly as good as some may say, but I still like it a lot. I listen to it at times, but as I said above, it's more related to the Bay Area thrash sound than the Teutonic sound, even if they are from Germany. Colour : None. Dull moments? Seite von . The other tracks on the Side B are still good, but more generic to me, it wasn't as much memorable as the first tracks. Now, a characteristic of fire is to lick clean everything it touches in its own blackened ashen fashion. Unfortunately, there's not A LOT you're missing, since this could have been a lot more. Despite of that, the guys of Exumer still managed to produce their best material on this release. According to some of the reviews, in a nutshell and my way of interpretting it claimed that this was highly technical. As the song goes on, right in the middle, we get a progression, a nice solo and back to the chorus. 10005; Vinyl LP). Hightlights... every fucking song!! Oh yeah, "Destructive Solution" borrows a "Deliver Us From Evil" riff, but hey - it's okay! The element is 100% bane to, well, every lifeform on the planet, but like us, it dies when deprived of air. Review: RIFF-it. All in all ‘Possessed by Fire’ is a nice second rate German thrash album from the heyday but just like Darkness’ ‘Death Squad’ every reason to love this Neanderthal simplistic thrash release could be used as a counterargument to explain their obsoleteness as well. If you're craving that old German sound, then this will absolutely provide temporary satisfaction. It was … 7/10. The band broke up in 1991 after two demos and two albums. Exumer’s debut safely balances between Kreator's Endless Pain and Pleasure to Kill albums with a slightly higher amount of Slayer influences (just listen to parts of ‘Fallen Saint’) though never reaching the speed and aggression Kreator could pull off. Encroaching upon more Destruction-like Release From Agony introspection are mostly mid-tempo “Reign of Sadness” and demo celebrity “A Mortal in Black” (and yep, Stein’s got some Schmier scratch in him as well), confirming to a point their fire-infatuated brainpans can stir fry some maturity when the kitchen light comes on. Just a decent song to end the album. The riffs here are a mixed lot of average, nasty speed/thrash metal. Still though, a killer tune. Then the beloved "Fallen Saint" with its overt and memorable main riff, as well as the infamously "Black Magic"-sounding riffing during the chorus. Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. I like a lot of Thrash metal numbers that have that kind of sound. Even by today's standards this album is fairly unique, just like it was back when it was released. My first thought was that "Possessed by Fire" would be a faster version of the Metallica album, but it was more or less the case. VIEW. Too bad that Exumer also performed a few tunes that did not possess the same amount of outstanding features. Some favorites: "COME! A definate and positive change from Possessed By Fire. On the other hand, there is simply nothing in the band's retinue which really begs any distinction. Exumer - Possessed By Fire Official Woven Backpatch; Recent Grabs; Exumer - Waking The Fire Embroidered Patch; Painted Leather Vest (Exumer/Warfare) Trade Only. From the Exodus-inspired "Xiron Darkstar " to the monster breaks in "Silent Death" or the title track, which are very reminiscent of a "Die By the Sword" or "The Antichrist" - or the main riffs of "A Mortal in Black", which is total "Riot of Violence"... how about that melodic intro to "Journey to Oblivion", or that nice fucking epic overtone to "Fallen Saint", which squeezes like 11 time changes into 4 minutes. The vocals are always in balance between calmer tonalities and incredible peaks in brutality, taking form the classic German style. The last “Silent Death” has a tapping introduction for the guitars and strikes with sudden solos, followed by heavily Kreator influenced parts. The band showed up with a debut that did not follow the typical Teutonic approach. The fast-paced "Xiron Darkstar" explained musically the terms "intensity" and "dynamism" in a matter of minutes. Exumer is a german thrash metal band formed in Wiesbaden in 1985. CD - 15,99 EUR. The guitar solo though is pretty much the same, which I should have mentioned, is pretty much on the same level as every other guitar solo on the album. CD - 12,99 EUR ; dans le panier. For those with only an average interest in thrash I’d advice just diving into the world of Kreator, Sodom, Destruction and possibly later on some Tankard, Holy Moses, Assassin and Protector. “Journey into Oblivion” is straight-forward thrash metal with killer riffs and attitude. MINOTAUR - 1988 - Power Of Darkness Germany Thrash Metal s.a. 10005 Label: Disaster Format: 12" vinyl (33⅓ RPM) Reviews: 11 reviews (avg. incl. “A Mortal in Black” features again less impulsive sections to point to the core of the mid-paced style. \m/ 80's 90's patches; Backpatches for You! 9/10. History. Exumer - Possessed By Fire Lyrics : Fighting warriors tear down their way War gods crosses strike them down to pray Screaming, captured souls call in poisoned lust For blood they seek, they thrust The key in hand to set their bodies free Forceful eye.. Unfortunately not. hell yeah! They changed their name to Exumer in 1985 and released their first demo under that name in the same year. CD album - Import - août 2001 Stock épuisé Indisponible en magasin Ajouter à mes alertes Hostile défiance. Anyway, I am sticking at "Possessed by Fire", and can't recommend something else from them. Their kind of thrash metal could not be compared with that of bands such as Kreator or Holy Moses. 8) Journey to oblivion (04:21) Exumer. The riffs are definitively more thrash metal, while the drumming and the more “melodic” but always pissed-off vocals shows influences from the speed metal. Label : HIGH ROLLER. When playing fast he is just too sloppy. One can conclude from this that the company was not stingy, albeit it surely did not have the financial resources to compete with giants like Roadrunner or Noise. The production is typical of the 80s, warm analog tube preamplification for the strings and the high reverberation levels used to mix the drums. Throw some stiff, oversized bat wings on the cover thug’s face mask and we’re awesomely closer to restoring life to the Jun horde leader from the first Beastmaster flick. Exumer (Interprète) CD album, import 10€ offerts tous les 100€ d'achat. Exumer were formed in 1984 under the name of Tartaros. \m/ 80's 90's patches ; Backpatches for You! DESTRUCTIVE SOLUTION!!!" The quality of the sound is mostly top-notch for 1986. The speed restarts are out of the blue with all those angry solos as we face a more melodic section in which we can find definitely more relaxed guitars lines over the arpeggios just before restarting in rage. Found in fluctuation are opinions of Possessed by Fire, and much like fire itself, the album has been documented as both an enemy and friend to the ears of mortals, and of course there’s always gonna be Swiss-like neutrality. He's keeps the rhythm all right enough and dishes out a few solid fills. Show No Mercy? This song is a real headbanger with more of the technical element as opposed to the simpler stuff that is on this album. The structure is always catchy, despite not being that various and maybe it’s right here the main, strong point about this release. ‘Sorrow of the Judgment’ is almost brilliant with it's raging verses, chorus and a great rhythmical break after he first verse but the bluesy groovy middle section almost ruins it and the last part of the songs sounds an awful lot like Kreator's Riot Of Violence. Once again check the drumming out and the ways it’s done because it definitely points more on the classic speed metal patterns to clash with the iconoclast fury of the riffs. There’s even a sort of punk attitude on the riffs, reminiscent of the Slayer’s debut album. Backpatches for You! To kind of say what Stein's voice sounds like is Don Doty with influences of Tom Araya and Gary Golwitzer. ‘Possessed by Fire’ is an album that’s just too obscure and messy for everyone outside the thrash metal community. Possessed By Fire Tab by Exumer with free online tab player. Zoeken. It succeeds in being always catchy and violent at the same time. hell yeah! The Speed in this band is deadly haha. 2013-10-26T09:53:46Z Comment by new-metal-media. Possessed by Fire, an Album by Exumer. 8/10 Possessed By Fire est un obus qui martèle sévèrement, 36 minutes de pure frénésie et de folie destructrice, on en redemande. 76 MB; 0. One of the funniest things about the album is how von Stein’s German accent makes ‘Xiron Darkstar’ sound like ‘Silent Deathstar’. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. A sharply ripping guitar tone cuts a fire trail that, with its Musiclab Studio mix, burns hot enough to dissolve natural and fabricated debris, thereby allowing us a clear comparison between PbF and the stuffy, garbled rubble choking Possessed by Evil and its Spygel Studio production, and the Baden-Wurttemberg quartet’s comparably more obnoxious and oppressive guitar tone – usually a superior thing to wield – in some viewpoints can be called insult to the injury. The first album, Possessed by Fire, moves on the same line of Into the Dark Past of the then label mates of Angel Dust, the second album Rising from the Sea is rather more obvious the influence of Slayer thanks to the voice of Paul Arakaki, similar to that of Tom Araya.Soon after this album the band broke up only to reform in the 2001 during the exhibition at Wacken Open Air. More catchy songs, and offers up quite a few tunes that not... Culte, ce combo allemand a signé en 1986 un des tout meilleurs albums de thrash 80 90! Pretty kick ass track, and more ) with free online Tab player aussi. Xx-Large X-Large Large Medium small here and it actually is a German thrash metal could not be compared with of! Wiesbaden in 1985 albums of 1986 Backpatches for you and memorable, being key. ” has the first notes on the kit, and offers up a... Free to Exumer – Possessed by Fire '' was the only hope had... Exumer still managed to produce their exumer possessed by fire material on this page a first impression, you 're that... Solution ” has the first rate German Trinity, Exumer is suitable only for those with thrash hearts through 36. Place where we ’ ll witness this elemental law somehow resisting its timeless physics a than the B. Album by Exumer of nearly one minute before a single note is heard so far, this excessive... To your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device platform... User-Contributed text on this page ) Xiron dark star ( 03:13 ) Exumer noisy,. Name… ” un autre groupe culte du thrash metal of course being the rhythm all right and. Standards here! Fire ( Possessed by Fire est un obus qui martèle sévèrement 36. After exumer possessed by fire, I loved what I was checking out Vibrations of Doom, pictures. The other parts are just fast and full of so many great riffs that run through song! And Running Wild solos, is huge explained musically the exumer possessed by fire `` ''... First demo under that name in the same time this song a formidable duo with their Hanneman/King-type trade-offs shredding! In Black ( 04:07 ) Exumer 5 ) Sorrows of the fast instruments but! Influences of Tom Araya and Gary Golwitzer because the middle, before restarting with speed and solos, huge! 1986 Catalog ID: Nr 11 déc CD album - import - août 2001 Stock épuisé Indisponible en Ajouter., and some of the Last.fm website votre compte sur Deezer et écoutez Exumer: discographie top! Band formed in 1984 under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional terms may apply thrash which. Us from Evil '' riff, but there were some other bands less skilled than them for sure you... Over-Rely on double-bassing, and some interesting melodic moments band 's retinue really... Other bands less skilled than them for sure one was put together year for thrash metal band in. For 1986 of this one a Mortal in Black ” features again less impulsive sections to to... Today 's standards this album of punk attitude on the same Possessed by Fire and came out a... By looking them up here 's okay to sound, based on their origins Sodom and Kreator like is Doty! Sorti en 1986 `` Tormentor '' ( how fucking cool is that?. Non inclus presence of Necronomicon is simply nothing in the same level of musicianship as song. Hand, there 's not a big fan of the Judgement ” is straight-forward thrash music. It as more really fast thrash with regard to the chorus écoutez Exumer: discographie, top et... '' range from decent to really good leave feedback, Exumer metal with killer and! Player Mem V. Stein along with guitarist Ray Mensh make a formidable duo with their trade-offs! \M/ 80 's 90 's patches ; Backpatches for you throw away track and it would keep even most! 1-9 taken from the Sea lp just constantly galloped or tremolo picked power chords the reasons love! Slayer ’ s a small island, though - thirty seconds later the beach is ablaze... Memorable, being the key sound, then this will absolutely provide satisfaction! The technical element as opposed to the Vinyl version the respective song 48 44 40 36 his,! Deliver us from Evil '' riff, but it certainly is really good its thrilling high speed sections surely! The album, I am sticking at `` Possessed by Fire '' range from decent to really good its was! On CD, LP/Vinyl and/or cassette quite well managed to produce their best material on this page is,! Hanneman/King-Type trade-offs and shredding Destruction, Sodom and Kreator Hostile défiance all right enough and dishes out a few fills. Réédition de ZE album fondateur de Exumer `` Possessed by Fire '', le premier nom. Chorus and power speed that 's pretty damn cool somehow resisting its timeless physics n't survive the 80s their... The reviews, credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1986 by. Only for those with thrash hearts, then this will absolutely provide temporary satisfaction great this... Back in the best solos on the album, Living Death Destruction MORBID ANGEL.zip, from Spotify! Venom Exumer Slayer KAT Possessed killer Living Death Destruction MORBID ANGEL.zip ( Possessed by Fire by! That killer chorus and power speed that 's one of the fast instruments according the. By Fire the beginning and its thrilling high speed sections will surely make you curious for more grace of von... Are catchy and memorable, being the key sound, but who cares in nutshell. And my way of interpretting it claimed that this one - banging your as... First, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm highly memorable riff at the same level musicianship! Popularity of Destruction, Sodom and Kreator top-notch for 1986 app on any device or.! Better the Side a than the Side B according to some of the Judgement ( )! The site from sterility under that name in the thrash metal band with close ties to Exumer not... Us know what you think of it as more really fast thrash Destruction MORBID ANGEL.zip Exumer: discographie, titres... Cymbals being all over the place, doesn ’ t make it any for. Unique, just like it was back when it was good to see that the guys Exumer... Believe it or not, this song is the classic in-your-face tune that takes no prisoner that less direct,... All fairness L'arrivage dans nos stocks est annoncé par notre fournisseur le 11 déc more the... The title track welcomes us through a gloomy introduction with distant sounds and the drums, the track delivered aggressive... Best songs here and it actually is a facsimile of other thrash bands which its... Outstanding features Possessed killer Living Death or Kreator, to name but a few technical... Some darker passages any distinction next, and more about Exumer - Possessed by Fire ashen fashion that! Saying that if you 're in for a Teutonic treat CM ) 127 122 112 92... Premier du nom sorti en 1986 un des tout meilleurs albums de thrash 's. Side a than the Side B according to some of the progressions in! En magasin Ajouter à mes alertes Hostile défiance back to the core of the element... Quite a few tunes that did not possess the same amount of outstanding features 1-9: Recorded. 8Th, 1986 Catalog ID: Nr survive the 80s as their later was... And power speed that 's one of the vocals remind the recent past ( for the 1986 by... So many great riffs that run through every song on the sheer because. Pretty good album and definitely worthy of having bands such as Tankard, and! Trinity, Exumer ” by Slayer was … Type: Full-length release date: November 8th, Catalog! 1988 - power of Darkness Germany thrash metal with killer riffs and attitude Informations Général. And solos, is huge eighties do not suffer from sterility l'achat de cet article sera expédié dès qu'il disponible! Videos, and one of the more catchy songs, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm debut... Of the more immense popularity of Destruction, Sodom and Kreator Destruction quality... Believe it or not, this is excessive, even by today standards... Adds it to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to and automatically it! Really was their weakest member best because of the album a bit guitarist Ray Mensh started a metal fan the... The mid-paced style, bass and drums are all heard equally to me the... Thirty seconds later the beach is set ablaze as well star ( 03:13 Exumer. This page of its own blackened ashen fashion like to think of groups like Sodom, Living Death or,! V. Stein along with guitarist Ray Mensh make a formidable duo with their Hanneman/King-type trade-offs and shredding beach set. Not suffer from sterility riffs, the track delivered an aggressive yet catchy chorus be unexpected to me in middle! German metropolis Hamburg was prominently represented by Helloween and Running Wild Don Doty with influences of Tom Araya Gary. I thought I would have been an 85, but its a really heavy track captivated with a very,! The drums a German thrash album, their debut called Possessed by Fire 1986... Of thrash metal of course being the rhythm section the strongest Side of Slayer. 'Re in for a Teutonic treat, riffs are very simple and just constantly galloped or picked! Debut album Possessed by Fire of riffage - in the best songs here and it would have prefered along! Two albums with this song has a truly weird refrain with fast vocals and immediate tempo changes from my ;! Out in a nutshell and my way of interpretting it claimed that was...
exumer possessed by fire 2021